At the Arrow Family of companies we know our employees and contract workers are our greatest assets. We owe much of our successful customer experiences and relationships to our employees. That is why we strive to build trust, provide training and resources, and foster long-term employee retention, with your safety always our foremost priority.
Our philosophy is simple: treat people the way you would want to be treated.
CDL Truck Drivers
Sport Surface Crew
Position Overview Drive truck equipped with dump body (solo, dump, pup) to transport and dump materials such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, or asphalt. Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues
- Operate truck in safe and efficient manner by utilizing it within its designed parameters to deliver materials to construction and customer sites. Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions • Be familiar with tag, tongue reach, tailgate position and location of levers and switches.
- Pull levers to tilt body and dump contents. Shovel material as required. Set spreader chains when applicable.
- Check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete prior to arriving on the job. When loading, ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner. Obtain proper signatures as required. Deliver construction materials to jobsites at instructed. Ensure proper entry of on-the-job information on customer delivery invoices.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle. Investigate abnormalities.
- Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel
- Perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs (i.e., mud flaps and mirror adjustments). Promptly detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to shop personnel.
- Move material as necessary in the performance of the job or as directed
- Maintain vehicle in a clean an orderly condition, inside and out. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain operator logs, timecards, mileage sheets, vehicle repair sheets, and records in accordance with company policy and departmental transportation regulations.
- May operate a front-end loader or roller
- Before loading, make sure tailgate is latched. Keep sideboards, trailer tongues and back of truck free of all materials.
- There may be some out-of-town work that could be required on a job-to-job basis during the season
- May assist members of the work force in other areas of production, including shoveling materials on grade and pave projects, running plant loader, operating roller, driving water truck, etc.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Regular and timely attendance
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred • Two years general driving experience in a commercial or construction setting highly preferred Certificates, License, Registrations
- Class A CDL required and current DOT medical card Work Requirements • Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance • Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision • Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators, and other employees
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations • Demonstrates good internal and external customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions • Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks Knowledge/Skill Requirements • Basic Mechanical skills
- Must pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment-controlled substance testing Key Competencies • Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Judgment – Exhibit’s sound and accurate judgment • Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Change’s approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time • Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary, to reach goals
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed • Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work • Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
Job Type: Full-time
We are looking for a competitive Outside Salesperson to develop sales strategies and attract new clients. Position will source new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve goals. The successful candidate will play a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing and negotiating with clients, generating leads and qualifying prospects with concrete and paving contractors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Identify and create relationships with Cities, Municipalities and general contractors in the area assigned.
- Acquire ongoing marketplace intelligence by researching and studying our industry, equipment and materials.
- Study and learn our product to effectively discuss with knowledge of installation.
- Utilize Regional Plan Center to bid supplies and equipment.
- Promote all Arrow Family of Companies
- Become efficient with Business Works to verify customer information, pricing and availability
- Increase sales and branch revenue by 15% yearly
- Establish new sales accounts through cold calling and personal visits to potential customer sites
- Offer a full range of products and services to new and current customers, including other specialty products lines and the sale of equipment
- Coordinate with all branch managers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Educate customers about equipment and products through demonstrations
- Prepare outside sales reports
- Create and review with Sales Manager company literature and surveys
- Network with other industry professionals
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations; and comply with government safety requirements and policies
- Generate leads for our contracting divisions: (RPI, Mort’s, Intermountain, ACAS)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Willing to travel with occasional overnight stay
- Three to five years sales experience preferred
- Strong planning, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with take offs
- Proficient computer skills
- Knowledge of construction or related construction equipment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience Is Preferred
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record required
- Company provided cell phone for work use only or $50 monthly reimbursement towards your personal cell phone.
- Take home laptop for work use.
- Company provided vehicle and gas card for assigned truck.
- Company issued credit card for your work expenses.
- All travel expenses paid with a per diem reasonable limit outlined in Employee Handbook & in Per Diem email attachment.
Bonus: Based on the Pasco Location Sales Goal of 15% increase in sales over the prior Year
REPORTS TO: Store Director & Sales Manager
Arrow Construction Supply is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
This job will require you to pass a background check and Drug Screening.
Warehouse/ Delivery Driver
The Warehouse Delivery Driver is responsible for loading, transporting and unloading product promptly to and from specified
accounts. The delivery driver is to always ensure safe operation of vehicles.
Basic responsibility of the Delivery Driver includes obeying traffic laws and transportation procedures to deliver or pickup products
to specific accounts and maintaining excellent customer relations by consistently delivering orders timely and acting in a
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Loading, transporting and delivering products to customers/businesses in a safe, timely manner.
Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, the charges are correct, and the customer
Providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling complaints from customers.
Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules.
Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
Preparing documents relating to deliveries and products.
Operating equipment and machines
Performing daily vehicle inspection and maintaining vehicle’s professional appearance.
Daily transfers from store to store.
Operating a delivery vehicle to/from the delivery site
Physically handling material with daily
Overseeing the safe loading of the delivery vehicle to ensure the order is accurate and that the products are of the highest
Obeying all traffic laws and weight limits
Responsible for site safety as it pertains to the delivery
Accurately distribute and place all specified materials as indicated on the pick ticket
Safely and effectively operate a forklift as needed.
Responsible for having the delivered product neatly placed and appearing as orderly and presentable as possible.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Good driving record with no traffic violations
Valid Medical Card
High school diploma or GED
Associate/Bachelor’s degree preferred
Ideal candidate must have various computer experience
Valid licensing to operate appropriate vehicles
This job will require you to pass a background check and Drug Test
Arrow Construction Supply is looking for Experienced Mechanic to perform maintenance and repairs on Cars, Light, Medium and Heavy-Duty Trucks.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on Cars, Light, Medium, and Heavy-Duty Trucks.
- Have experience working on gas and diesel engines
- Have experience with Hydraulics, welding and fabricating
- Have experience with trailer and equipment repair
- Have experience with diagnostic tools and computer software
- 1 Year experience in Diesel Engine or Gas Engine.
- Pass a pre-employment Drug Test.
- Have 1 year of experience in the automotive service industry.
- Tools for the job.
- Work well with others.
- Be a dependable and honest employee.
- Overtime may be required as needed.
What We Offer
- Health Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Up to 3 Weeks of Vacation.
- Paid Holidays.
Job Type: Full-time