At the Arrow Family of companies we know our employees and contract workers are our greatest assets. We owe much of our successful customer experiences and relationships to our employees. That is why we strive to build trust, provide training and resources, and foster long-term employee retention, with your safety always our foremost priority.
Our philosophy is simple: treat people the way you would want to be treated.
Arrow Concrete and Asphalt Specialties has been in business for over 36 years. We specialize in paving and asphalt maintenance. We provide services such as paving, patching, crack filling, sealcoating, parking lot striping, post/signage installation, bollards, wheel stops, sweeping and many others. We are looking for someone to join our team who is hardworking, motivated and has a flexible schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate grader and other heavy equipment including backhoe, dozer, excavators, etc.
- Build, level and excavate land surfaces.
- Spread gravel base or shouldering material, shape, and finish slopes.
- Able to read and understand grade stakes including setting grade.
- Prep Subgrades for asphalt and concrete
- Performs pre-shift inspection of machinery in accordance with Company Guidelines and manufactures specifications.
- Comply with operating safety rules and regulations.
- Report any problem with the operation of the assigned equipment.
- May also perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites.
- Full range of body motion including handling and operating levers or controls, manual dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Drive machines onto truck trailers.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Must have a clean driving record (no major offenses in the past 3 years)
- Willing and able to lift 50+ pounds.
- Be available to work weekends and out of town if necessary.
- Must be able to work on their feet for an extended amount of time.
- Must work outdoors on location in all weather conditions and on all terrain, usually from the early morning hours until later afternoon.
- Be able to meet deadlines.
- Must have reliable transportation to work every day, getting to the shop on time and ready for work.
- Prefer a CDL driver, however not required.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
Position Overview Drive truck equipped with dump body (solo, dump, pup) to transport and dump materials such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, or asphalt. Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues
- Operate truck in safe and efficient manner by utilizing it within its designed parameters to deliver materials to construction and customer sites. Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions • Be familiar with tag, tongue reach, tailgate position and location of levers and switches.
- Pull levers to tilt body and dump contents. Shovel material as required. Set spreader chains when applicable.
- Check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete prior to arriving on the job. When loading, ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner. Obtain proper signatures as required. Deliver construction materials to jobsites at instructed. Ensure proper entry of on-the-job information on customer delivery invoices.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle. Investigate abnormalities.
- Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel
- Perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs (i.e., mud flaps and mirror adjustments). Promptly detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to shop personnel.
- Move material as necessary in the performance of the job or as directed
- Maintain vehicle in a clean an orderly condition, inside and out. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain operator logs, timecards, mileage sheets, vehicle repair sheets, and records in accordance with company policy and departmental transportation regulations.
- May operate a front-end loader or roller
- Before loading, make sure tailgate is latched. Keep sideboards, trailer tongues and back of truck free of all materials.
- There may be some out-of-town work that could be required on a job-to-job basis during the season
- May assist members of the work force in other areas of production, including shoveling materials on grade and pave projects, running plant loader, operating roller, driving water truck, etc.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Regular and timely attendance
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred • Two years general driving experience in a commercial or construction setting highly preferred Certificates, License, Registrations
- Class A CDL required and current DOT medical card Work Requirements • Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance • Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision • Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators, and other employees
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations • Demonstrates good internal and external customer service, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions • Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks Knowledge/Skill Requirements • Basic Mechanical skills
- Must pass DOT physical exam and pre-employment-controlled substance testing Key Competencies • Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Judgment – Exhibit’s sound and accurate judgment • Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Change’s approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time • Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary, to reach goals
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed • Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work • Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
Job Type: Full-time
We are looking for a competitive Outside Salesperson to develop sales strategies and attract new clients. Position will source new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve goals. The successful candidate will play a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing and negotiating with clients, generating leads and qualifying prospects with concrete and paving contractors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Identify and create relationships with Cities, Municipalities and general contractors in the area assigned.
- Acquire ongoing marketplace intelligence by researching and studying our industry, equipment and materials.
- Study and learn our product to effectively discuss with knowledge of installation.
- Utilize Regional Plan Center to bid supplies and equipment.
- Promote all Arrow Family of Companies
- Become efficient with Business Works to verify customer information, pricing and availability
- Increase sales and branch revenue by 15% yearly
- Establish new sales accounts through cold calling and personal visits to potential customer sites
- Offer a full range of products and services to new and current customers, including other specialty products lines and the sale of equipment
- Coordinate with all branch managers to ensure customer satisfaction
- Educate customers about equipment and products through demonstrations
- Prepare outside sales reports
- Create and review with Sales Manager company literature and surveys
- Network with other industry professionals
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations; and comply with government safety requirements and policies
- Generate leads for our contracting divisions: (RPI, Mort’s, Intermountain, ACAS)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Willing to travel with occasional overnight stay
- Three to five years sales experience preferred
- Strong planning, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with take offs
- Proficient computer skills
- Knowledge of construction or related construction equipment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience Is Preferred
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record required
- Company provided cell phone for work use only or $50 monthly reimbursement towards your personal cell phone.
- Take home laptop for work use.
- Company provided vehicle and gas card for assigned truck.
- Company issued credit card for your work expenses.
- All travel expenses paid with a per diem reasonable limit outlined in Employee Handbook & in Per Diem email attachment.
Bonus: Based on the Pasco Location Sales Goal of 15% increase in sales over the prior Year
REPORTS TO: Store Director & Sales Manager
Arrow Construction Supply is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
This job will require you to pass a background check and Drug Screening.
Arrow Construction Supply is looking for Experienced Mechanic to perform maintenance and repairs on Cars, Light, Medium and Heavy-Duty Trucks.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on Cars, Light, Medium, and Heavy-Duty Trucks.
- Have experience working on gas and diesel engines
- Have experience with Hydraulics, welding and fabricating
- Have experience with trailer and equipment repair
- Have experience with diagnostic tools and computer software
- 1 Year experience in Diesel Engine or Gas Engine.
- Pass a pre-employment Drug Test.
- Have 1 year of experience in the automotive service industry.
- Tools for the job.
- Work well with others.
- Be a dependable and honest employee.
- Overtime may be required as needed.
What We Offer
- Health Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Up to 3 Weeks of Vacation.
- Paid Holidays.
Job Type: Full-time